Some various questions about Kolab 1

Antoine Boegli aboegli at k-team.com
Mon Dec 13 13:56:56 CET 2004

Hello,

I'm new here, and I have some n00b questions about the settings of a
working Kolab1 server :) Care to give me some answer ? Yes ? Thank you
all. ;)

The setup :

- The network contain Mandrake boxes, Windows 2k and XP boxes. The
server is a MDK10.1, with a P3 450MHz, 512MB, 20GB HD, etc. A very basic
config.

- I need  to have a mail server, a shared calendar and some basic
groupware tools, with access from KDE, Mozilla, Evolution and Outlook.
Reducing the list to Kontact and Outlook, I can use Kolab 1.

- I have made the install, solved a strange problem of configuration in
Postfix (it doesn't give the mails to the imap server).

- All the users are purely virtuals (aka no system user).

- On a side note, every Linux boxes mount their /home through a NFS
server, authenticating with a NIS service.

Now, the questions :

1) I am not able to access the calendar. Something doesn't work with the
IMAP but I have not found what. Any idea ? The mail are ok, but it's all.

2) Should I use the Kolab 2 ? And if yes, can I use it with an Outlook
plug-in ?

3) Where can i found a detailed "how to" for troubleshooting the Kolab
groupware ?? (I have to admit, to my great shame, that I am not a German
speaker at all, even if I'm Swiss...)

More advanced questions :

4) Does anyone use the Kolab server as a Posix authentificator ?

5) If yes, what should I do to preserve the NFS shares ?

--
Antoine Boegli
k-team.com