mapping single addresses

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Dec 13 11:17:57 CET 2004

On Sunday 12 December 2004 04:19, Bradley M Alexander wrote:
> I know its really bad form to respond to one's on response to one's own
> email...
>
> That said, I found a fix for this on the postfix mailing list. Wietse
> suggested that I edit /kolab/etc/main.cf and change
>
> transport_maps = ldap:ldaptransport, hash:/kolab/etc/postfix/transport

> transport_maps = hash:/kolab/etc/postfix/transport
>
> Which seems to work. My question to you all is what are the repercussions
> of this action? Will it break anything within kolab?

Yes, it will break the multilocation setup mailtransport.
Further down you can see that ldlaptransport checks the
ldap contents and then transports the email to the kolabhomeserver
of each user.

> Is it possible that
> something is still screwed up within my config that originally caused this
> problem?

I cannot say, as tracking an email config really is non-trivial.
Usually there is an explanation at the end of the day,
but it is hard to do it remote only from explanations.

> I originally put the hostname of the mailserver, mekong, rather
> than the FQDN. I made the change in the kolab.conf and regenerated config
> files. Could there be some artifact of the old information that didn't get
> updated?

You can check the configuration data and the ldap contents if you like.