mapping single addresses

Bradley M Alexander storm at tux.org
Sun Dec 12 04:19:57 CET 2004

I know its really bad form to respond to one's on response to one's own
email...

That said, I found a fix for this on the postfix mailing list. Wietse
suggested that I edit /kolab/etc/main.cf and change

transport_maps = ldap:ldaptransport, hash:/kolab/etc/postfix/transport

transport_maps = hash:/kolab/etc/postfix/transport

Which seems to work. My question to you all is what are the repercussions
of this action? Will it break anything within kolab? Is it possible that
something is still screwed up within my config that originally caused this
problem? I originally put the hostname of the mailserver, mekong, rather
than the FQDN. I made the change in the kolab.conf and regenerated config
files. Could there be some artifact of the old information that didn't get
updated? Should I start from scratch with bootstrap -b?

That would be a wishlist bug is to specify the mailserver name be the FQDN
in the bootstrap -b dialog.

thanks,
--Brad