Multiple domains with Kolab2

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Dec 9 12:54:05 CET 2004

On Wednesday 08 December 2004 17:58, Aurélien Malo wrote:
> I'm looking for configuring kolab with multi domains support. In
> particulary, I need a solution to create distibution lists for many domains
> (with or without the web interface) : i.e. abuse at mydomain1,
> abuse at mydomain2, ....
>
> I want also to be able to create users with primary email adress on
> mydomain1 and users with primary email address on mydomain2.
>
> For the moment, the only thing that I can do is to configure kolab with a
> "master" domain, for example : mydomain1, configure postfix for multiple
> domains and use the email aliases field for each user in the web interface.
> But all the users must have their primary email adress on mydomain1, and I
> can't create distibution lists on my others domains.
>
> If there are howtos on this topic somewhere, please send me the links.

Within Kolab2, a real multidomain support is not there.
There are various degrees of what someone would call "multidomain support",
so the issue is not black and white, but to make things work like you describe,
you would need to modify the server software in a couple of places.

Bernhard
ps.: Was there a reason you quoted Scott's email in full an replied to it?