Kolab2 postfix appends Hostname as Domainname

Markus Matiaschek kolab at arschkoch.de
Fri Dec 3 14:30:02 CET 2004

Hi,

i've got a problem with sending of mails. The hostname of my mailserver is
mailtest, because it's for test purposes only and in our .local domain.
The error in /kolab/var/postfix/log/postfix.log is:

Dec 03 12:49:32 MailTest <info> postfix/smtp[5258]: D726C53D21:
to=<mmatiaschek at MailTest.MailTest>, orig_to=<mmatiaschek at MailTest>,
relay=none, delay=0, status=bounced (Host or domain name not found.
Name service error for name=MailTest.MailTest type=A: Host not found)

As workaround i even tried putting an mailtest.mailtest entry in /etc/hosts
and adding mailtest.mailtest in the admininterface to the kolab hosts list,
but nothing helped.
I would appreciate any hints you could give,

thank you,

Markus Matiaschek
Systemadministrator

Administration Intelligence AG
Winterhäuser Str. 106a
D-97084 Würzburg
Tel.: 0931/88 06 144
Fax.: 0931/88 06 140

E-Mail:  mmatiaschek at ai-ag.de

Besuchen Sie uns doch bei einem unserer nächsten Seminare und Messen. Nähere
Informationen finden Sie stets aktuell unter
http://www.ai-ag.de/events/events.html

Disclaimer:
This email and any attachment to it is intended solely for the
above-mentioned recipient. Any of them may contain confidential or
privileged information. If you have received this email and/or attachments
in error, please notify us immediately and delete all of them. You must not
copy, distribute, disclose or take any action in reliance on this email or
any attachment to it. Internet communications are not secure and therefore
Administration Intelligence AG does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message. For safety reasons you should carry out your own
virus checks before opening any attachment to this email. Any views
expressed in this email are those of the individual sender, except where the
sender specifically states them to be the views of Administration
Intelligence AG. Thank you.