Kolab 1.0.14 and 2.1.0 LDAP Error on UTF-8

Tomas Zelem zelem at wrx.sk
Fri Aug 20 12:23:11 CEST 2004

I am just reporting LDAP error as I already did on kde-users list as
well.

Kolab (or better say LDAP) not handle properly UTF-8 characters when
adding new Addressbook items (new vCards) when our UTF-8 national
characters are eused. Some combinations are accepted, some (like
example below) not.

LDAP Error, could not add object cn=Nataša
Čloženšičiková,cn=external,dc=...
Invalid DN syntax
(on ASCII interpretation cn=Natasa Clozensicikova)

/etc/sysconfig/i18n
LANG="sk_SK.UTF-8"

Used Kolab 1.0.14 rh9 and 2.1.0 fedora2 using zfos openpkgs.
Linux is FC2 - Fedora Core 2.

I hope it is not LDAP bug but just matter of settings of ldap.conf or
slapd.conf.

Does anybody know and help how to reconfigure LDAP or Kolab to accept
UTF-8 ?

Best regards,

Tomas