eGroupware/Kolab2/Outlook/Kontact

Bo Thorsen bo at sonofthor.dk
Tue Aug 17 08:24:06 CEST 2004

On Monday 16 August 2004 20:23, Jeffrey Walls wrote:
> I have seen vague messages that egroupware is compatible with the Kolab
> Server, and will be with Outlook, and is with Kontact.
>
> I have an environment that requires group access and sharing with all
> of the above, web access to mail/calendars/contacts, Kontact, Outlook.
>
> What I would like is information.
>
> What does eGW do that the Horde port doesn't?  How does eGW integrate
> with Kolab, is it Kolab 2 compatible? How does eGW integrate with
> Kontact? How dificult is the setup pf Kolab, eGW, and Kontact regarding
> integration?
>
> I have looked on the eGW site, spent about 3 hours there this morning,
> and can find very little info regarding Kolab/Kontact.
>
> Can you give me a better idea about or point me in the direction of the
> Howto on these?

I can't help you with what eGroupware can do, but I can assure you that
egroupware is not "compatible" with Kolab. The reason I can be so sure is
that I don't even see how two groupware servers could be compatible -
what would that mean? eGroupware does not implement the Kolab concept,
and is a different solution. What it can do, and pros and cons compared
to Kolab is not something I can help you with. However, it might be that
they use the same clients as we do. Kontact supports several different
groupware servers.

Bo.

     Klarälvdalens Datakonsult  |   Denmark