eGroupware/Kolab2/Outlook/Kontact

Jeffrey Walls jwalls at browntransmission.com
Mon Aug 16 20:23:12 CEST 2004

I have seen vague messages that egroupware is compatible with the Kolab
Server, and will be with Outlook, and is with Kontact.

I have an environment that requires group access and sharing with all of the
above, web access to mail/calendars/contacts, Kontact, Outlook.

What I would like is information.

What does eGW do that the Horde port doesn't?  How does eGW integrate with
Kolab, is it Kolab 2 compatible? How does eGW integrate with Kontact? How
dificult is the setup pf Kolab, eGW, and Kontact regarding integration?

I have looked on the eGW site, spent about 3 hours there this morning, and can
find very little info regarding Kolab/Kontact.

Can you give me a better idea about or point me in the direction of the Howto
on these?

(sent to eGroupware users list also)

Thanks.
--