Japanese interface

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Aug 9 17:37:18 CEST 2004

On Monday 09 August 2004 12:35, valentin_nils at be-known-online.com wrote:
> Hello Bernhard (and List),
>
> How difficult will it be for upcoming Kolab2 to change the interface
> language to f.e japanese ?

I do not know much about what a port to Japanese would hold.
Note that there are several components, like the Kolab Server
and the KDE Kolab client or the web administrator interface.
An evaluation needs to check all components.
To my knowledge they all should be internationalised
and translation possible quite easily then.

> Is this just a matter of changing a few php pages or is there some more
> serious backend coding envolved ?
>
> Is it fair to ask for an rough estimate if the project is on time for the
> release in September 2004 or did I misunderstand that ?

You misunderstood it. The Proko2 contract had a timeline for september,
but the Kolab2 release will happen, when the software is ready  and stable.
This also depends on the users, testers and developers
not involved in Proko2.