pop3 receive problem / no logs of imap/pop3

Jan Runte j.runte at gerontotechnik.de
Thu Aug 5 15:51:24 CEST 2004

Hello,

i installed Kolab 2.1.0 from zfos as rpm on a SuSE Linux 9.1 System in
connection
with MS Outlook 2000 clients. All works fine but the pop3-service cannot
receive
any mails from my external mailserver. If I understand the documentation you
easily
have to add users per webinterface and the user datas are used for all other
function by Kolab over ldap. You have only configure your Outlook 2000
client
with one appropriate user data. Sending and receiving within our network
function
perfectly - I received the mails or someone other - and outside the network
too (only
over one way - the transmission). I tried out with "telnet server 110"
whether the pop3-
server runs at all. It runs, but it cannot receive mails...have I set a
configuration for the
a service to fetch the mails from the foreign mailserver?! Then I search for
the log files,
but I have none. Only "/kolab/var/imapd/log/master.log" and
"/kolab/var/imapd/log/misc.log"
are there. But nothing interesting inside. In the configuration files
"/kolab/etc/rc.d/rc.imapd"
and "/kolab/var/etc/fsl/fsl.imapd" all paths were correctly set for pop3d.
In the Log-File of
fsl under "/kolab/var/fsl/fsl.log" I have two entries:

server <error> fsl[.....]: could not getenv(CYRUS_SERVICE); exiting
server <error> fsl[.....]: options and arguments MUST be seperated by
whitespace

I don't know where I have to correct this or from where it comes. But when
starting again Kolab the log file with further error was no more extended
while
I test Kolab-Outlook connection.

I think the cyrus daemon isn't started. But I don't anything about it and
wheather it
helps me.

Who knows an advice?

Best regards,