roundcubemail: smtp error (454) authentication failt

Jeroen van Meeuwen vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Di Jul 10 10:34:32 CEST 2012

On Monday, July 09, 2012 08:08:16 PM Daniel Zellner wrote:
> On 07/09/2012 05:11 PM, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> > On Saturday, July 07, 2012 07:31:28 PM Daniel Zellner wrote:
> >> Hallo.
> >>
> >> Versuche gerade einen Kolab-Server einzurichten. Leider komme ich mit
> >> einem Fehler nicht klar. Wenn ich versuche in Webclient Roundcubemail
> >> eine E-Mail zu versenden erhalte ich folgende Fehlermeldung und das
> >> Versenden scheitert: smtp error (454) authentication failt
> >>
> >> Habe Kolab nach der Community Installationsanleitung eingerichtet - alles
> >> Standart, keine abweichenden Konfigurationen.
> >>
> >> OS: CentOS 6.2 auf einem hyper-v ms Server 2008 R2 installiert. Es ist
> >> nur
> >> Kolab installiert. Keine weiteren Server-Dienste.
> >>
> >> Anlegen von Benutzern klappt. Senden von E-Mails über die Kommandozeile
> >> geht auch. Port 25 ist offen. Selinux in Permissive-Mode (auch
> >> ausgeschaltet getestet).
> >
> > Should testsaslauthd not be available at all, then the problem could
> > simply be caused by the 'cyrus-sasl' package not having been installed;
> > fix this issue with;
> >
> >   # yum -y install cyrus-sasl
> >
> > I've noticed this to be the case sometimes, though a default installation
> > of CentOS 6 does include cyrus-sasl. I've added cyrus-sasl as an explicit
> > dependency for kolab-saslauthd, while cyrus-sasl-plain was already a
> > dependency of kolab-saslauthd.
> >

> Thanks for the Answer!

Hi Daniel,

would you mind if we keep communicating through the mailing list as other
people may be interested / might be running into the same issue as well?

> cyrus-sasl was not installed.
>
> After installation and after I started the service - when I test it with
>
>    # testsaslauthd -u <user> -p <password>
>
> I get this:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/saslauthd/__init__.py", line 82,
> in run self.do_saslauthd()
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/saslauthd/__init__.py", line 159,
> in do_saslauthd if auth.authenticate(login):
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pykolab/auth/__init__.py", line
> 84, in authenticate retval = self._auth.authenticate(login, domain)
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pykolab/auth/ldap/__init__.py",
> line 190, in authenticate _("Failed to authenticate as user %s") %
> (entry_dn),
> UnboundLocalError: local variable 'entry_dn' referenced before assignment
> Traceback occurred, please report a bug at http://bugzilla.kolabsys.com
> size read failed

What is your version of pykolab?

  $ rpm -qv pykolab

You should be at least at 0.4.14-2 - if not please see if there's an update
available to your system:

  $ yum check-update

> Not sure though if I put in the right user and password.

If you hadn't, it should still respond with a success or failure, whichever is
appropriate for the credentials you supplied.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG