How to conclude KEP2 for good

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Apr 5 09:46:25 CEST 2011

Am Montag, 4. April 2011 20:19:22 schrieb Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems):
> Perhaps consider splitting up the KEP (retiring this one) as per my
> suggestion four months and some weeks ago;
>
> http://kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-devel/2010-November/012504.html
>
> After all, there seem to be two legs in the KEP #2 discussion;
>
> 1) the inclusion of a 'tz' tag or attribute including;

> 2) the datetime itself and notation format thereof, including;

> One is not tied in with the other.

To me they feel being coupled as we only get to solve one of the issues
completely if both questions are solved. I'd also like to continue KEP2
as I believe it has made good progress and it might be faster to conclude it.

As for the lines of arguments your suggestion is a good idea.

Deputy Coordinator Germany: fsfe.org. Board member: www.kolabsys.com.