Recurring events with timezone

Hendrik Helwich h.helwich at tarent.de
Thu Oct 21 11:11:19 CEST 2010

Hi Andrew,

thank you. Now i understand the floating local TZs :-)

I am not sure if it is a good idea to add this to the Kolab format because it
does not cover the usecase of a local event where not all attendees are in
the same TZ and it is a different concept. The user would have two different
concepts and we all know this TZ thing is not so easy. How could a user
understand this two concepts and how does he know which one to use?

if Kolab does not want to cover the usecase where not all attendees of an
event are in the same TZ and also interoperability with oder formats like
iCalendar is not wanted, then it could be an option to use floating local TZs
instead of local TZs.

But then this mailng list probably have to
> reopen that can of worms a month later

Greetings,

Hendrik