Recurring events with timezone

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Wed Oct 20 10:39:46 CEST 2010

Hi Georg,

> On Wednesday 20 October 2010 08.46:48 Joon Radley wrote:
>> The problem is: UTC -> User B local time is incorrect.
>
> Actually I understood the problem to be that user A in Johannesburg has no way
> to declare an event "sticky" in the time zone of user B,  and that hence it is
> impossible to get the intended behaviour from the event by purely using UTC.

No the problem defined was that a client can not calculate the time zone with daylight savings time in a recusing event without the addition of some TZ information.

I do not understand the need for a "sticky" time zone. Could you maybe elaborate on this with a use case?

Best Regards

Joon Radley

Cell: +27 (0)83 368 8557
Fax: +27 (0)86 547 2353