UPDATE: KEP 2: Modification of datetime: store local time, add 'tz' attribute (revision #10743)

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Thu Dec 23 13:19:30 CET 2010

Hi Georg,

> What can/do you pass on to Outlook, and how is it treated?

All time in Outlook is stored in UTC. Newer version has a field for time zone where they preserve the time zone from iCalendar requests, but from what I can see it is never used in calculations.

> I'm wondering whether you aren't already doing what the KEP requests
> implicitly, because I didn't hear reports of events jumping one hour between
> standard and DST for Outlook with Toltec.

This cannot be as we just use UTC and Outlook uses the locale information to calculate from and to UTC.

Best regards

Joon Radley

Cell: +27 (0)83 368 8557
Fax: +27 (0)86 547 2353