The road to a new format specification.

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Jan 18 20:38:51 CET 2007

Hi Joon,

On Thursday 18 January 2007 09:51, Joon Radley wrote:
> These changes was introduced by Martin on his own. He has somehow published
> a new standard of the Kolab-XML format that totally breaks interoperability
> between the existing clients.

from what I have understood,
Martin has only published drafts, which I consider fine.
Any change would need scrutiny and drafts are a good way for this.

A new version of the format should have uncontroversial changes,
which would need the agreement of major client developers, currently
you (Toltec), KDE PIM (Kontact) and Konsec.

Best,
Bernhard