Fwd: RE: recurrences counted from the back

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Wed Aug 16 09:16:29 CEST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 16. August 2006 02:26 schrieb Jesse Mundis:

Hi Jesse,

> This is less than ideal, as we lose any sense of relationship
> between the original event, and the location-changed instance.

If you reread my proposal you will see that the "second" event is in the very
same xml document. The xml document describes that these two pieces of
information belong together. So I am wondering what we would gain with
the "RECURRENCE-ID"?

Actually my proposal was exactly modelled after the use case you just
mentioned.

Q: So are both solution equivalent?

A: The RECURRENCE-ID works well for helping to describe complicated
recurrances but my event-list proposal does not only solve the mose
complicated recurrances but also solved the issue of private objects.

Regards,
-- martin

--
http://www.erfrakon.com/