imap name folder translation

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Aug 15 13:53:16 CEST 2006

Hi everybody,

Joon wrote:
> > All the default folders are already translated by the clients based on the
> > Kolab XML annotation.

Martin answered:
> Currently the Kolab XML annotation is not really rich. I a lot of cases the
> client cannot know how to translate a folder correctly as this translation
> cannot be built into the client without knowledge about the individual needs
> of the users. E.g. you want to localize some non standard folders e.g.
> folders involving country names.
>
> For me imap folder translation is currently a low priority topic. (nice to
> have though)

I agree it is a low priority.
I am unsure what the real use cases for it are, though.
The contents of the folders need to be understood by all readers
of the folders, thus they must read and understand the language used.
The contents will be more difficult than the folder name,
so why not just have each client display the folder name as is?

Bernhard