Distribution lists

Reinhold Kainhofer reinhold at kainhofer.com
Wed Sep 22 14:21:41 CEST 2004

On Wednesday,  22. September 2004 14:01, Joon Radley wrote:
> It depends on how you resolve your contacts. 1 contact can have multiple
> email addresses, but as each email address must be unique, the email
> address can always be used to find the contact.

I don't think it can work that way. Both my father and my mother use the same
email address. You don't want to say that the kolab server thinks that my
father and my mother are the same person, do you?
Bottom line is, one contact can have different email addresses, but different
contacts can also have the same email address.
However, each contact can have a preferred email address, which will be used
by the distribution lists (at least in KDE).

Reinhold