ANNOTATEMORE problems

David Faure dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Fri Jun 18 16:59:43 CEST 2004

(replying to message found in the archive).

> Hi Joon,
>
> On Friday 11 June 2004 12:12, Joon Radley wrote:
> > The only way to use a vendor tag ( "/vendor/kolab/folder-type" ) with
Good naming. Appending /folder-type will allow us to have more entries.
(I thought about using vendor.* attribute names for that, but the imapd
implementation doesn't allow that anyway).

> > ANNOTATEMORE in Cyrus 2.2.3 is to modify the source code. (annotate.c)
Indeed - I just had this problem too.

> > Should we patch the code and ask the Cyrus project to incorporate it or do
> > we try and find another alternative?
>
> Did the Cyrus guys say that this was the only way to do it?
I suppose nobody asked them yet? So I just did (on cyrus-devel).
I asked what was their plan for annotatemore support, and whether they
would accept a patch from me that allows /vendor/* as an entry name.
(I had a look at the code first :)

> It that's the case
> then I think we should create a patch for it, and try get it integrated into
> Cyrus.
I suppose the "we" means KDAB, above? :/ Or were you volunteering? :-)

> I certainly agree with the fact that we can't use "/comment" going forward,
> and that we need to get a Kolab-specific annotation.
Yes.

David Faure -- faure at kde.org, dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer