Case sensitivity

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue Jun 15 11:41:44 CEST 2004

Am Dienstag, 15. Juni 2004 11:26 schrieb Bo Thorsen:

Hi,

> We decided on case insensitivity for tags and "enums". But it seems to be
> very unusual to do this.

Beeing case sensitive helps to make searches comparisions etc much easier and
lightweigt beacuse there is no requirement for evaluation of regular
expressions or for conversion. Therefore I agree that case sensitive is the
better approach for an XML storage format.

> David Faure who is on the OASIS Office XML specification board to help me

Yes, please bring him onboard.

Bernhard. Can you please add David to this ml?

Yours,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de