[Kolab-format] Extra Header

konold at erfrakon.de konold at erfrakon.de
Mon Jun 14 11:13:14 CEST 2004

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Bo Thorsen wrote:

Hi,

> On Wednesday 09 June 2004 12:39, Joon Radley wrote:

> > Could we add a extra header to the mails containing the kolab format?

> I don't understand this request - if it's in one of the annotated folders,
> then it holds the right kind of message. Seems to me the folder
> annotation gives you this information.

In general it is a _big_ advantage not requiring the context of a folder
annotation in order to correctly parse a message.

Simply think about use cases where you want to store information like
contacts close to a project in a local folder on the local filesystem etc.

IMHO using MIME specification not some slef grwon SMTP header is the way
to go.

Yours,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569  Stuttgart, Germany
mobil: 0175 4148693
fax: 0175 13 4148693
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de