Naming of attachments

David Faure dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Mon Jul 19 12:07:04 CEST 2004

On Monday 19 July 2004 11:16, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Friday 16 July 2004 16:42, David Faure wrote:
> > Currently we look for the kolab XML attachment by mimetype, to update it
> > when modifying the note/contact/event/etc.
>
> Out of curiosity: In my understanding you need to create
> a new mail when you change anything and put that in the sync queue.
> Of course you need to find the data, but this is not really "updating".

It is in a way because we want to keep all other attachments, including those we know
nothing about (e.g. TNEF). So we take a mail, replace an attachment with
a new one (this can be called updating), and then re-add that mail to its folder
(you are correct that it's indeed "a new mail").

David Faure -- faure at kde.org, dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer