Maybe some more contact fields

David Faure dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Thu Jul 15 21:16:26 CEST 2004

Here's the list of additional fields we have in KDE for contacts.
Before I implement KDE-specific tags for all those, Bo suggested that I give
you the list of those fields to see if anyone else could use those fields too.

* Geographical information:
   latitude, longtitude (floating point numbers)

* Logo   (it's a picture, just like the photo used for <picture>, I'm not sure what
people use it for though...)

* Sound  (the sound data will be stored in an additional attachment, much like the picture.
I guess it can be any sound file that the sound system supports, e.g. wav, mp3, ogg...)

Can anyone support any of that?

The rest is probably not worth sharing (or quite difficult to share) :

* IM address - that's a single field but it has also been extended to a much more complete
list of IM addresses (for ICQ, AIM, Yahoo, etc.)

* Crypto settings (allowed protocols, preferred openpgp and smime encryption keys,
and whether to always sign/never sign/ask sign etc.)

David Faure -- faure at kde.org, dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer