Extra Header field

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Mon Jul 12 17:00:14 CEST 2004

Am Montag, 12. Juli 2004 15:40 schrieb Stuart K. Bingë:

Hi,

> Due to the discontinuity of web-based applications this process entails two
> IMAP passes for me - on the second run I do however know the UID of the
> object that needs to be loaded, and it would really be ideal to just do an
> IMAP search with SUBJECT "uid" to quickly find the appropriate email.

No, I don't like this as it puts a lot of load on the server and therefore
limits scalabilty.

Why don't you use the IMAP UID instead?

BTW: Does your code have any race conditions with regards to the double
parsing?

Yours,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de