[Kolab-devel] Updated OBS, CentOS 8 support, Python 3 support

Christoph Erhardt christoph.erhardt at sicherha.de
Tue Aug 16 09:34:05 CEST 2022

Hi Christian,

nice! :-)

Concerning the ongoing Python 3 port, Guido (ghane) is submitting patches on a
semi-regular basis, which I review and have so far pushed to `master`. How
would you like to coordinate our efforts? Should future diffs be submitted
against your `dev/python3` branch?

So far we have gone out of our way to ensure that the code base remains
compatible with Python 2. At some point, it might be easier to scrap those
concerns and make PyKolab Python-3-only. Obviously, that would require heaving
up our existing distro packages to Python 3. What is your stance on this?

Best,
Christoph