[Kolab-devel] migrating for zend framework?

Aleksander Machniak machniak at kolabsys.com
Mon Aug 31 19:40:48 CEST 2020

On 18.08.2020 22:22, Mihai Badici wrote:
> So, there are plans to replace zend with laminas or maybe use another
> library instead?

There are no plans to replace Zend, but it would be nice to get rid of
this and use something simpler or even PHP core features only (json).

> I give a short try to migrate and till now I didn't found the
> replacement for Zend_Controller_Request_Http , zend_json and zend_log .
> I know the plan is to remove all "zend_" prefixed classes so maybe I
> just need to dig a little more; I can dig if I know you will use
> laminas, otherwise I have no special interest in learn this framework :)

Preferably the upstream would have to accept the change.
https://github.com/tine20/syncroton It might be hard for one reason,
Tine2.0 is using Zend, and the syncroton sql backend (which Kolab does
not need) is using Zend database abstraction. So, there's more than what
you listed above.

--
Aleksander Machniak
Senior Software Engineer