[Kolab-devel] migrating for zend framework?

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Tue Aug 18 22:22:14 CEST 2020

  I use a custom made debian server for mail hosting where I manage
somehow to make roundcube and activesync work with php7 pretty OK. The
traffic is moderate and there are only a couple of activesync users so I
didn't noticed exactly the moment when it start to work bad ( it
disconnects often) but now I tried to debug a little and I suspect
that's happens when php was upgraded to 7.3.

When i installed syncroton ( directly from git) I added some zend
components manually, with compose require ( I think on full kolab
install it is installed globally)  . Now I just seen ( i'm not a php
developer :) ) that Zend is gone and it is replaced by laminas framework.

So, there are plans to replace zend with laminas or maybe use another
library instead?

I give a short try to migrate and till now I didn't found the
replacement for Zend_Controller_Request_Http , zend_json and zend_log .
I know the plan is to remove all "zend_" prefixed classes so maybe I
just need to dig a little more; I can dig if I know you will use
laminas, otherwise I have no special interest in learn this framework :)