[Kolab-devel] kolab 16 on armel architecture

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at kolab.org
Mon Jan 2 08:16:11 CET 2017

On 1 January 2017 at 18:46, Martial Paupe <babatoko at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm building kolab for Jessie on armel, using specific debian tool such as
> sbuild.
I don't know too much about building Debian packages, but I was able
to build the packages with the command:
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -b

I have a script
(https://github.com/TBits/lbs-kolab/blob/master/updatecode/setup.sh)
that converts the package instructions from OBS format into the
default Debian way of doing things (source format etc), the result is
available at https://github.com/tbits/lbs-kolab/tree/Kolab_16. That
way I can also see easier if something and what changed in the
debian.tar.gz over time.

> My understanding is that when building for UC's platform, the build has to
> have ucs* dependencies. So I think as workaround, I'm able to remove
> unneeded ucs* reference for ma personal build. Right?
With dpkg-buildpackage, I did not need to modify anything in the
packages, apart from converting them to the default debian format for
packages.

Hope this helps,
  Timotheus