[Kolab-devel] Kolab 3.0 Community Edition EOL

van Meeuwen, Jeroen jeroen at kolab.org
Sun Sep 28 12:25:24 CEST 2014

Dear community,

This is an announcement declaring Kolab 3.0 Community edition
End-of-Life effective immediately.

We first released Kolab 3.0 in December 2012 [1], after many months of
work and a long, long-running beta program -- and plenty of packaging
work as well.

While I sincerely hope you have all enjoyed Kolab 3.0 as much as I did,
with the way more recent and way more exciting Kolab releases since,
it's time to say goodbye to the first release in the (then brand new and
refactored!) Kolab 3 series.

Occasionally, we see people running older versions of Kolab that,
whether they are new installations or have simply not upgraded, the
community can't support any longer -- Kolab 3.0 for example has not seen
any update in quite some time.

We cannot in good conscience leave these legacy versions lingering
around and have people run/install them.

So, we have decided to declare Kolab 3.0 End-of-Life effective
immediately, and it's been made unavailable.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

[1] http://lists.kolab.org/pipermail/announce/2013/000126.html