[Kolab-devel] Kolab on RaspberryPi

hede kolab983 at der-he.de
Thu Mar 13 11:43:18 CET 2014

Am Wed, 12 Mar 2014 23:03:23 +0100 schrieb Andreas Cordes <kolab at zion-control.org>:

> I think it's ok to use my packages on your system but not the other way
> round so let's join our work.

Yes. But... it's little work so I think I'll stick with my ARMv7 packages. :-)

> When thinking of ARM packages those
> packages may also be used on the QNAP NAS systems. Is anyone out there
> trying to get them to work on their NAS because I don't have one.

You can find ARMv5 SoCs like Marvells Kirkwood even in modern QNAP systems (e.g. TS 212). I think most of them are Kirkwood based, because Kirkwood is cheap, power efficient and optimised for high Ethernet and Sata throughput. They cannot use our packages.

Others even have ARMv7 cores (like the Marvell Armada XP in Synology DS214) and maybe can use even my packages. But I do not know if they use a soft or hard float ABI. (AFAIK you cannot mix them)

hede