[Kolab-devel] Upgrade report 3.1 to 3.2 on Debian Wheezy

Enrico Tagliavini enrico.tagliavini at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 18:02:14 CET 2014

Hi Daniel,

Just have a point about "The users that have the joy of snapshotting
their mailserver, upgrade and rollback if it breaks is rare I guess".

That's an invalid argument. You (not referred to you as Daniel, but as
the general Kolab user) should do a periodic backup. Software (and
hardware) can fail at any time, and there is really no way to prevent
this at 100%. So if you don't snapshot LVM / btrfs / zfs / your DB /
whatever before updating you are doing it wrong.

That said I agree with you about Kolab 3.2 being less stable than
desired. It happens and we should learn something from this to have
better release in the future. I have complete trust in the Kolab
community and contributors this will happen.

Best regards,
Enrico