[Kolab-devel] chwala Plugin

Aleksander Machniak machniak at kolabsys.com
Mon Jun 30 10:22:33 CEST 2014

On 06/30/2014 09:39 AM, Andreas Cordes wrote:
> Next will be the plugin. I've got a simple question about the
> authenticate function:
> Is this function called when connecting directly with WebDAV (through
> iRony) or the chwala webfrontend?
> Or is it used to test the existing authenticated user in
> roundcube/chwala web/iRony against (in my case) ownCloud?

It should be used in both iRony and Chwala as this is a method to
authenticate to Chwala API. However, currently we use a hack in iRony
and we do not authenticate to Chwala API. We use iRony's authentication
with IMAP. It is simpler because both use the same set of
objects/classes. This is also better for performance, but it will not
work with different storage driver.

So, you need to implement the authenticate method in your Chwala storage
driver and also modify iRony code to authenticate to Chwala API.

--
Aleksander Machniak
Web Developer, Kolab Systems AG