[Kolab-devel] chwala Plugin

Andreas Cordes kolab-devel at zion-control.org
Mon Jun 30 09:39:48 CEST 2014

Hello,

yesterday I started my development for a new chwala plugin to have all
the cloud files in ownCloud and not on my IMAP server.

I decided to use the WebDAV protocol for the communication with ownCloud
so the cloud server can be hosted elsewhere and is not forced to be
ownCloud.

First some requirements:
The cloud server has to authenticate against LDAP of course, this is
working already using ownCloud web frontend.

Next will be the plugin. I've got a simple question about the
authenticate function:
Is this function called when connecting directly with WebDAV (through
iRony) or the chwala webfrontend?
Or is it used to test the existing authenticated user in
roundcube/chwala web/iRony against (in my case) ownCloud?
If it is the second point, I can skip the authenication and return true
always :-)

All the other functions which I have to implement are self explanatory I
think.

I try to use the SabreDAV libraries which are used in ownCloud as well
for the wrapping around the cURL functions.

Any hints or wishes?

--
Kind regards
Andreas Cordes