[Kolab-devel] Feature-request: Recall locally delivered mail

Torsten Grote torsten at kolab.org
Wed Jul 9 17:41:45 CEST 2014

Hi Henning,

On Wednesday 09 July 2014 17:26:55 Henning wrote:
> some of my users are asking me if there could be a recall feature for
> locally delivered mail. Could it?

This could be possible for locally delivered mail, but it is certainly tricky
to implement as you would need to make very sure that people can not remove
arbitrary mails from other people's inboxes.

So you would need some kind of daemon that can have access to all your users
mailboxes.

> If yes, this should only be possible as long as the message remains unread
> by all recipients and present in their inboxes (one would have to examine
> the read-flags of the message for those users).

Sometimes people read a message, but reset the read flag to find the message
again later.

> Alternatively, one could some delivery-delay feature (hold the mail in
> cache some user-set time before delivery) to realize a recall-feature?

This would certainly be the preferable approach. My text (SMS) app on Android
has this with a configurable delay.

Kind Regards,
Torsten

--