[Kolab-devel] caldav backend to calender plugin

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Thu Jan 23 17:34:15 CET 2014

Hi Daniel,

On Thu, 23 Jan 2014 09:29:31 +0100
Daniel Morlock <daniel.morlock at gmail.com> wrote:

> we're working on iCal/CalDAV support for the roundcube calendar. The
> implementation is mostly done, but some bugs might be left. We are
> currently testing and fixing stuff.

Which version of roundcube? Official release (aka 0.9.1) or 1.0rc?

> We are glad for any feedback!

I can see that you store password in plain text and have encryption on
your TODO list. If you are interested I have such a feature developed?
$e = new Encryption(MCRYPT_BlOWFISH, MCRYPT_MODE_CBC);
$pwd = $e->encrypt($password, self::PWKEY);
$e = new Encryption(MCRYPT_BlOWFISH, MCRYPT_MODE_CBC);
$pwd = $e->decrypt($password, self::PWKEY);

I also have a function which is able to auto discover any available
calender which a user has access to on a CalDAV server. Then the user
only needs to provide the URL to the server and a username and password
and the function will fetch the URL and display name for any calendar
available.

I see no freebusy handling in your caldav driver? I have such a
function available too if you are interested?

I will try your plugin the next two days and return my comments.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys: