[Kolab-devel] event triggered freebusy data generation

Matt Moldvan matt at moldvan.com
Fri Feb 28 19:26:04 CET 2014

It is definitely rough, not only against the mailbox servers but also
against the LDAP environment, as each has to authenticate that way first.

One other issue I had was the fact that the ifb files are stored on each
individual application server.  Because we have 5 RoundCube servers, it's
tough to run 5 instances of that freebusy cron job, each hitting the
mailbox servers.  At some point, I guess, we'll have to dedicate a server
or multiple behind a load balancer for free/busy generation.  Having one
server run the cron job and rsync over just seems too easy to break...

Maybe through the use of a default sieve script or something like inotify
watching the directories might work... a little hackish of course until
someone comes up with a proper solution, but it could work.