[Kolab-devel] XMPP integration in Kolab web client

Enrico Tagliavini enrico.tagliavini at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 18:41:50 CET 2014

If I can share my (still non) experience I would suggest to have a
look at Metronome http://www.lightwitch.org/metronome (Wikipedia page
also available if you wish).

It is a non experience because I still have to try it. At work we use
openfire....... don't go for it. It works, it supports LDAP, but you
can't debug it. If something breaks good luck. I was going to install
something else for my personal Kolab instance so I searched a bit, and
other than ejabberd I found this Metronome,and, since it is the used
and recommended one, I also discovered jappix and movim, two very
interesting applications which might benefit kolab integration in the
future who knows. Personally I'm going to try jappix alongside
metronome. The main reason is explained here
https://github.com/jappix/jappix/wiki/XmppServer .

It seems to be very light and support a wide range of feature. Worth a
look imho.

Kind regards
Enrico