[Kolab-devel] Kolab3 and Sieve

Shawn Walker swalker at bynari.net
Mon Oct 21 22:35:43 CEST 2013

On 10/9/2013 1:42 AM, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 08, 2013 09:46:00 AM Shawn Walker wrote:
>>> From: devel-bounces at lists.kolab.or
>>> [mailto:devel-bounces at lists.kolab.org] On Behalf Of Jeroen van
>>> Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 4:39 AM
>>> To: devel at lists.kolab.org
>>> Subject: Re: [Kolab-devel] Kolab3 and Sieve

>>> Nothing extra is needed to get Cyrus IMAP's Sieve to work.
>>>
>>> What version of Cyrus IMAP are you running?
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>>
>>> Jeroen van Meeuwen
>> It's the version that came with Kolab 3.
>>
>> "IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.4.17-Debian-2.4.17-3"
>>
> OK, so that is Kolab 3.0, and its stable 2.4.17 (not the 2.5 git
> development snapshot we ship with Kolab 3.1), and on Debian.
>
> When I issue a LISTSCRIPTS on a vanilla installation on Enterprise Linux
> expected response.
>
> I'll have to see whether a Debian Wheezy installation differs in this
> regard.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jeroen van Meeuwen

Does anybody know what is the best reliable way to debug SSL/TLS
sessions on the server?  I've tried using the following:

strace -f -tt -o /tmp/strace.imapd /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-master

That doesn't show what is getting received and sent unencrypted, I've
been trying to find a way that I can debug what is the encrypted data
between the client and server.

I did disabled tls_cert_file, tls_key_file and tls_ca_file and set yes
to allowplaintext in /etc/imapd.conf just so that I can see what is
going from the server and client.  The sieve add-on I have worked fine
without the encryption enabled.

What is strange is that I can write the sieve file out to the server no
problem with the encryption enabled which I can see by looking at the
file under sieve directory:

/var/lib/imap/sieve/domain/b/bynari.net/s/shawn^walker

Regards,
Shawn