[Kolab-devel] Preventing local users from being present in all domains

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Tue Oct 8 02:24:05 CEST 2013

I'm running a multi-domain setup of kolab 3.1, in which I have
discovered that
the default configuration, through its use of the 'mydestination'
postfix
parameter, seems to put all local (UNIX) users on the server, as well as
the
content of /etc/aliases into every domain. Users and aliases configured
through
kolab take precedence, but if those do not exist, lookup falls through
to local
users and/or /etc/aliases.

I would like to get rid of this behaviour, so as to not pollute my
domain
namespace. Setting 'local_transport = error' in main.cf seems to make
delivery
fail (but not with a very helpful message) on anything not in kolab
LDAP.
However, I suspect this is not the right way to go about this. Ideally,
I would
like /etc/aliases to work, so that I can populate it with global
postmaster and
root accounts that would then work for every domain; but to prevent
postfix from
looking in /etc/passwd for local users.

Is this possible? And if not, what is the proper way to get rid of the
local
delivery?

Also, is the behaviour described above intentional for kolab? :)

Thanks in advance,

-Toke