[Kolab-devel] requires Spamassassin

Thomas Spuhler thomas.spuhler at btspuhler.com
Thu Oct 3 21:13:08 CEST 2013

I have a question about the requirement of Spamassassin in Kolab.
We have them as a require in kolab-mta. What is the thought?

According to the release notes, since 2002 amavisd-new doesn't need spamd:

"Amavisd calls Mail::SpamAssassin directly, avoiding the need to set up
  spamc/spamd or to chain filters. This is more efficient, one daemon
  less to worry about, although maybe less flexible for some taste.
  At the moment the SA per-user database is not used. Feel free to
  experiment with it and let me know what you came up with."

--
Best regards
Thomas Spuhler