[Kolab-devel] OBS sign up and login errors

Peter Fern kolab at obfusc8.org
Thu Nov 21 02:14:19 CET 2013

Hi all,
I attempted to create an account on OBS, and have encountered a number
of issues:

First, the valid character list for passwords seems to be quite
restrictive, in that it complains about invalid characters, but it never
says what characters _are_ valid, which makes trying to select a secure
password difficult.

Second, after culling characters out of my password until that error
went away, all I received was an "Application Error 500" message.  I
believe the registration made it to the DB, because if I try and
register with the same username again, it complains that the username is
already taken.

Finally, if I attempt to log in using the details from my last
registration attempt, I get the same "Application Error 500" failure,
and never get a session.

Hope you can give me some pointers as to what's going on here.

Cheers,
Pete