[Kolab-devel] Calendar events sent to Outlook client do not work

Mat Cantin mat at cantinbrothers.ca
Fri Mar 29 00:31:50 CET 2013

On 2013-03-28 10:22, Thomas Brüderli wrote:
> Mat Cantin wrote:

>>> And even more interesting would be a full email source of an iTip
>>> invitation that actually works in Outlook. That might help us find
>>> the
>>> difference.
>>
>> Would an invite email generated from an Outlook client work? I've
>> attached
>> an email from an Oulook to Outlook which works:
>> meeting-from-outlook.msg.
>> And a message from Kolab with the patches that does not work:
>> meeting-from-kolab.msg.
>
> Thanks for that. At first sight, I see an additional header

> Maybe that already does the trick. I'll try to compose a patch for you
> test with.
>>
>> It's becoming a bit of a stab in the dark isn't it?
>
> Unfortunately, yes.
> But it always is if somebody decides to ignore the standards...
>
>> Maybe a comparison of
>> an invite from a Gmail account that works might help narrow things
>> down too.
>
> Gmail attaches the .ics twice (!). Once with

> and again with

> I guess they have their reasons why to duplicate the attachment...
>
> Maybe you can verify whether an invitation from Gmail works with
> Outlook 2003.

A test invite form Gmail to all the Outlook versions I'm running
worked.

I can confirm that the invites work in Outlook 2010, but they don't
work in Office 365, Exchange 2010 OWA, Exchange 2007 OWA, Exchange 2003
OWA, Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2003. OWA 2007/2010 and Office 365 actually
renames the event.ics file to "not supported calendar message.ics".

Let me know about the patch, I can test against all the Outlook
platforms pretty quickly now that I've got my accounts all setup. :-)

--
Mat