[Kolab-devel] CalDAV Collections vs. IMAP Folders

Thomas Brüderli bruederli at kolabsys.com
Thu Mar 28 09:49:51 CET 2013

Georg C. F. Greve wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 March 2013 17.57:12 Thomas Brüderli wrote:
>> Beside the semantics that don't really fit, it does.
>
> Alright. In that case I think it makes sense to start here.

Oh, wait a minute: Jeroen suggested to use /private/comment. Is there a
/shared/comment, too? According to RFC 5464 there is.

If this annotation contains the display name for a folder, it should be
readable for other users you share a folder with. I suggest to write the
display name to /shared/comment for folders in personal namespace and to
/private/comment for others.

This becomes essential if you create folders via CalDAV clients that will
use random UIDs for new folder names. Sharing a folder named
'1A66C52089EF530F5C20174853981687-8C02E7EEB49870A2' doesn't make sense to
anybody if one does not see it with the annotated display name.

>> Should we even consider to create a KEP for this? Reading through the
>> discussion in this thread this shall become the generic display name for
>> all clients and not only for *DAV. Otherwise different clients show
>> different names for the same folder and I don't think this is desirable.
>
> Agreed.

That will be your job then?

~Thomas