[Kolab-devel] Calendar reminder not showing up in Mail view

Mat Cantin mat at cantinbrothers.ca
Sat Mar 9 00:29:26 CET 2013

On 2013-03-08 4:24, Thomas Brüderli wrote:
> Mat Cantin wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I've observed that calendar reminder messages do not show up when in
>> the Kolab mail view. They only appear to show up when the calendar
>> view
>> is open (and Files for some reason). Is this by design?
>
> It's definitely not by design. Calendar and task reminders are
> supposed to
> show up in every part of the web client. Please check your settings
> for
> "Refresh" (in Settings > Preferences > User Interface). This is the
> interval the client pulls updates from the server. Then try to catch
> the
> requests sent by the browser (use Firebug or Chrome inspector). If
> those
> requests fail for some reason (server error or whatnot), that would
> help us
> locating the issue.

I've now tested various reminders (wow, time consuming!). Is there a
particular "Refresh" interval that needs to be set for the reminders to
work? I've tried 1 minute, 3 minutes, and never, and in each case the
reminder goes off on my phone, but not in the roundcube mail view, even
waiting a 10 minutes before and after it was suppose to go.

Firebug shows the following in calendar view when it goes off:
HTTP POST: ./?_task=utils&_action=plugin.alarms

This does not come up in the Mail view. The only thing here is the
inbox check.

I want to note here too that this has been observed on two separate
Kolab servers.

Thanks for your help.
--
Mat