[Kolab-devel] libkolab on debian testing

Diane Trout diane at ghic.org
Thu Jun 20 08:57:49 CEST 2013

Hi

I was trying to build libkolab 0.4.2 using the git repoitory at:
git://git.kolabsys.com/git/apt/libkolab

I had a few issues which might apply to others. I was building against kde
4.10.4 packages I'd pulled from debian git.

In
https://github.com/detrout/libkolab/commit/b3f80b43b8d5c27d80adde1e6
38eb69ad7e37a18

I added a changed to the FindSWIG handler. WIthout the change I was
getting an error that it couldn't find SWIG. The message "SWIG found" was
showing up, but then a later CMake test was failing.

Since find_package_handle_standard_args is supposed to set
<name>_FOUND I thought I could drop that variable test.

Also I added nepomuk-core-dev to the list of dependencies since cmake
was suggesting it could use it.

In
 https://github.com/detrout/libkolab/commit/1e4f17989e81d8cb06395ce3f
60403e7394ad310

My attempt to build kdepim-runtime failed, because
cmake/modules/LibkolabConfig.cmake ended up thinking the include path
was //include/kolab. Forcing -DINCLUDE_INSTALL_DIR to be /usr/include
seemed to work for me.

In
https://github.com/detrout/libkolab/commit/23eab7619e91f7e3bb6084313
06519f59f3c5b14

libkolab ended up with a dependency on kdepim-runtime -- Which I hadn't
built yet.

It happened because the debian-qt-kde maintainers had added kdepim-
runtime as a dependency in the symbols files of kdepimlib. They
apparently did that because they wanted the applications to be installed if
someone just tried to install kdepimlibs.

Diane