[Kolab-devel] Help debug Roundcube errors

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Tue Apr 30 20:47:30 CEST 2013

On Tuesday, April 30, 2013 06:27:13 AM ocset wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have installed Kolab 3.0 on CentOS 6.4 which seems to have installed
> successfully. There seems to be an issue with Roundcube and I am trying
> to debug the problem but need some help regarding the Kolab architecture.
What Apache version are you using?

> With Roundcube, when I create a Calendar entry,
I get a "Server Error (Internal Server Error) The entry shows in read.
> and change the focus to
> Email and back to Calendar, the entry disappears.
Same here

> If I create an entry
> and then try to move it, I get an "Internal Server Error" message and
> the calendar entry becomes translucent and I can no longer access it.
> If, as before, I go to email and back to Calendar, the entry disappears.
>
> I have installed Kontact 4.10.2 and everything there seems to be
> working. If I create a new appointment in Kontact, I can see the
> Calendar entries appearing on the file system (file names 1. 2. 3. etc),
> but Roundcube does not see these.
Same here, well it creates the entries folders and files, but it doesn't change anything when
entering an event
> The other strange thing is that
> Roundcube does create the calendar entries on the file system but they
> are not displayed in the Kontact client or Roundcube.
>
> "Address Book"/Contacts and Tasks work in Roundcube
Not here. It reports "Internal Server Error:
> and  Kontact. If I
> only create a new contact in Roundcube, then both client can see the new
> contact. If I create a new entry using Kontact, Rouncude then throws the
> "Server Error" message and no longer displays any contacts.
> Eventually
> the Roundcube client shows a blank screen when I try to view "Address
> Book".
>
> This seems to be a message format issue because I can 't seem to find
> any errors in the log files  but I probably don't know what to look for
> or where.
I just turned on to log the error messages in /etc/php.ini
Hmm... and I got this when trying to read e-mails:

[Tue Apr 30 11:36:37.898030 2013] [:error] [pid 8349] [client
127.0.0.1:57549] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function dl() in
/usr/share/php/kolabobject.php on line 22, referer:
http://localhost/roundcubemail/?_task=mail

And guess what?
127.0.0.1:57549] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function dl() in
/usr/share/php/kolabobject.php on line 22, referer:
http://localhost/roundcubemail/?_task=task

in the access log, I find the error code 500 from the same component