[Kolab-devel] new_Event

Thomas Brüderli bruederli at kolabsys.com
Wed Sep 26 21:07:31 CEST 2012

Mihai Badici wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>>> So, where I can find this new_Event? There is another library missing?
>> As said, it's in kolabformat.so
>>
> Ok, i managed to compile libkolabxml with right libraries on another server.
> ( the main server I test is a slackware 13.1 and I think some libraries are
> old) . In fact I compliled on another machine.
> So I compiled on another server ( with slackware 13.37) and the new_Task error
> wanished.
>
> But...
> I still cannot create new task or contacts. When I go to "edit" menu on a
> calendar, in "sharing" tab i have "your are not the administrator of this
> calendar" . All other properties are correct.
> When I go in "folders management" I can see the number of messages , but none
> is displayed .

That seems to be an IMAP annotation/acl/namespace problem now. You said,
you're on dovecot. It might react differently and thus Roundcube gets
puzzled. If you enable the kolab_folders plugin (which is required to make
Roundcube work with Kolab), do you see the correct folder types in the
folder manager of Roundcube?

> I have still the same problem when I try to add a new event in calendar: there
> is a "select" input to choose the calendar in the form. The option list is
> void here, despite  I have the list of calendars (correct) in the left corner.

Same reason as above: the folder type obviously isn't detected by Roundcube.

> Now, I have no errors in logs, so I must be happy :)
> I suppose it's a roundcube problem now; it is possible to enable some debug
> logs in kolab plugins?

Since I assume the problem being somewhere in the IMAP communication, you
should turn on imap debugging. Set $rcmail_config['imap_debug'] = true; in
config/main.inc.php. Then you'll find a pretty verbose log in logs/imap.

For debugging purposes you should also disable caching in order to see the
full imap dialog on every request:

  $rcmail_config['imap_cache'] = false;
  $rcmail_config['kolab_cache'] = false;
  $rcmail_config['messages_cache'] = false;

Alternatively you can leave caching on but empty the following database
tables before logging in to Roundcube: cache, cache_index, cache_messages,
kolab_cache.

Then search the imap log for the GETANNOTATION or GETMETADATA commands and
post the responses here. Further find any MYRIGHTS commands in the log and
analyze the server responses.

I hope that will get us some more insight into possible Kolab+Dovecot issues.

Regards,
Thomas