[Kolab-devel] new_Event

Thomas Brüderli bruederli at kolabsys.com
Wed Sep 26 09:44:40 CEST 2012

Mihai Badici wrote:
> Hi,
> I try to configure roundcube 0.9 with kolab suport using:
> roundcube_0.9.orig.tar.gz
> roundcube-plugin-kolab_3.0.orig.tar.gz
> libkolab-0.3.2.tar.gz
> from repository.
>
> I have a dovecot server with metadata patch installed and working ( i use them
> with kmail and kolab-droid)
>
> My special folders are detected and listed , but I can't insert an event or
> contact; also I can't list contacts ( however I enabled imap logging in
> roundcube and I see the folder is read as expected)
> Also, I have a list of calendar folders in the left pannel, but when I try to
> insert a new event there are no chioices  select calendar tab ( the select is
> empty)
>
> I have this error in php log :
>
> Call to undefined function new_Event() in /usr/lib/php/kolabformat.php on line
> 1460
> There is also another regarding new_Contact
>
> As I can see, this functions is not in libkolab or libkolabxml, I think is a
> roundcube call.

The new_Event function is defined in the libkolabxml PHP module
(kolabformat.so) generated by SWIG when building libkolabxml with the PHP
bindings.

When you build libkolabxml from http://git.kolab.org/libkolabxml/ make sure
the PHP bindings build as well. Depending on what you set for
-DPHP_INSTALL_DIR when calling cmake, you'll find two files representing
the PHP bindings in the target directory: kolabformat.so and
kolabformat.php. Please load the kolabformat.so in your php.ini and move
the kolabformat.php to the default include directory of PHP. you obviously
did the latter one, this is where your error comes from.

> Because I dont have horde installed, I disabled horde library loading in
> libkolab plugin (I commented out some lines)

Horde is not needed and only loaded optionally to add some backwards
compatibility. There's actually no need to comment these lines.

> Also I had dl function not found error, so I commented also the extension

The kolabformat.so obviously isn't loaded correctly into PHP. Please check
paths and php.ini configuration.

> So, where I can find this new_Event? There is another library missing?

As said, it's in kolabformat.so

Best,
Thomas