[Kolab-devel] Debian Packages: kolab-conf/kolab-cli file conflict

Jeroen van Meeuwen vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Sun Sep 9 13:16:59 CEST 2012

On Sunday, September 09, 2012 07:51:24 AM Johannes Graumann wrote:
> Wheezy is not a problem ... before I go further down this road, though I
> want to ask what the longterm outlook of Debian packages for kolab is. Once
> build-methods and distribution specific patches are in place, will *.debs be
> build on a regular basis by kolabsys or will they remain a kind of "whoever
> in the community feels like it will update them" kind of orphan? In the
> latter case, I will bite the bullet and stay with my centos lxc-containers

I think you may be underestimating the amount of effort community members that
are on Kolab Systems' payroll are putting in to get Debian packages in good
shape.

The facts of the matter is, that Kolab Systems does not have a Debian champion
on the payroll, while it does have Fedora champions. I felt I needed to say
that because ironically, to date these Fedora champions are spending more time
on Debian packaging than they are on Fedora packaging.

I was hoping that the community, including Kolab Systems, would continue to
collaborate to get Kolab Groupware on Debian, Fedora and their respective
derivatives, to work equally well and in a manner equally sustainable to its
users.

Kind regards,

--
Jeroen van Meeuwen